Schools back in session. Whoohoo! Now holidays are over I can get back into my routine of making a week’s worth of lunches on the weekend, which saves me from stressing and rushing throughout the week. I love making my girls all sorts of different things to eat at school as it keeps things interesting…no boring daily sandwiches here! If you want to think outside the lunchbox a little I have put together a list of 20 of the best school lunch ideas for you.
All of these items can either be made ahead of time, frozen or keep well overnight in the fridge (or longer). I normally pack lunchboxes on a Sunday with as many things as I know will keep well for the week and then each day just add in everything else (like fresh bread, crackers, trail mix etc). If you ensure you have several good quality lunchboxes, a thermos or two and some mini containers for fruits, dips or sauces available you won’t have any issues.
Ditch the Sandwich and think outside the lunchbox!
- Sushi Rolls
- Pizza scrolls
- Vegie Muffins
- Mini Chipolatas
- Chicken drumsticks/wings
- Meatballs in tomato sauce
- Cold pasta salad with chicken
- Nachos (meat in a thermos and chips, salad & sour cream on the side)
- Tuna & Mayo sushi wraps
- Homemade sausage rolls
- Mac & Cheese (you can add any type of meta & vegies)
- Corn Fritters
- Mini Pizzas
- Ploughman’s lunch (pork pie/deli meats/cheese/chutney/boiled eggs/crunchy bread
- Curry & Rice/Casserole/Spaghetti Bol or similar (leftovers from dinner are fabulous)
- Fried rice
- Bean & Cheese Burrito’s
- Sliders (chicken & mayo/ham, cheese & pineapple/cream cheese, steak & cheese/hummus, chicken & cucumber/BLT)