I have been doing a lot of all in one dinners lately. Anything to get the meal on the table faster is a winner in my house!
Playing around with tray bakes and the like has been great, not just for the ease of cooking but as you have so much variety and can mix and match ingredients so easily. This recipe is really very similar. Borne from too many leftovers and from watching too many food videos(!) it really hit the spot. Quite rich, so a little goes a long way but serve it up with a great salad and its a really simple and delicious dinner. Not mention fast!
- 1 x bag potato jewels
- 200g grated pizza cheese (plus 1 handful for garnish)
- 1 x can (390g) evaporated milk
- 1 x clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 x tablespoon cornflour
- 1 x bbq chicken, meat shredded
- 6 x rashers bacon, diced
- 1 bag (120g) baby spinach & rocket leaves
- Half a punnet (125g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat your oven and cook the potato jewels as per packet instructions
- In a small saucepan on low heat, add the grated cheese, cornflour, garlic, buffalo sauce and evaporated milk and whisk until thick and smooth. (Thermomix: 6 minutes, 90 deg, speed 4)
- Add your shredded chicken and mix through (Thermomix: 3 minutes, reverse, speed 1)
- Place your potato in a large casserole dish and top with the halved tomatoes and spinach
- Carefully pour over your chicken mixture and spread evenly
- Top with the last handful of grated cheese and pop back in the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden.
So delish, and so easy!
Just be You, Everyday