Weeknights in my house are mental.
This is why I always have the simplest, most easy to prepare dinners Mon-Fri. I hate rushing and I don’t have time to pretend I’m Jamie Oliver on a Wednesday at 8pm after being taxi-mum for a multitude of activities.
I kind of figured it’s probably the same for you, so I’m sharing a super easy cheats dinner you can get on the table in under 15 mins.
The word to remember here is cheat. Short cuts make your life easier so for God’s sake use them.
This is where your pre-prepped food in your fridge comes in handy. Meat you have already chopped? Yes thanks. Frozen Veg? Tops. Tinned goods? Bingo. The less you need to do to feed people and the faster you can do it, the better for you.
Lets Tuck In…
2 Cups Jasmine Rice (cooked as per pack directions)
500g cubed Chicken (breast or thigh)
Green veg of choice (I like to use Broccoli)
1 x can coconut milk
2 big tablespoons peanut butter
1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
2 x tablespoons soy sauce
1x clove garlic chopped finely
1/2 bunch fresh coriander (stems finely chopped, leaves roughly chopped)
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, garlic, coriander stems, soy sauce & sweet chilli sauce into a food processor or bowl and mix well. Set Aside
- Grab a large saucepan and brown your chicken, then add sauce and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat right down to a slow simmer for 10-15 mins while you cook the rice.
- Add in your green vegies for the last 5 mins of cooking time.
- Serve and sprinkle with chopped corriander leaves.
This is a really great dinner and it’s so fast it pretty much cooks itself (well sort of). You could even cheat further and get microwave rice or the pre-cut packs of veg you can just throw in your microwave to steam. The thing to remember is that a fast meal doesn’t have to be difficult and it sure as hell doesn’t have to be boring.
Just make sure you always cook a little bit more than you need…..’cause leftovers rock.
Just Be You, Everyday